Monday, July 14, 2008

Zydepunks!

Listen Here
Photobucket
Attention Europe. Belgium. Nederland. Surrounding countries.
The Zydepunks, from New Orleans are touring your beautiful side of the world this summer.
Don't think of kidnapping them because I will send out my ninjas, but do make it to hear them live.... You'll thank me.

Even if Scott wasn't a friend and previous Super Star employee, I would see the greatness in their music. Or the fact that Joe (and his gal, Heidi) were two of the first people I met when I moved to New Orleans. The husband and wife duo wielding accordions, how many times have you seen that? Then there is Denise. I met her one of my only nights working for Moonlight Cafe back in Nov. 06 when times were indeed rough enough for me to accept a gig @ such a crap hole but I met one person that night, a highly intelligent violinist/fiddler who was desperately seeking a meal as were we all in those times. Unfortunately, she and the others came in only to find none of the kitchen staff had shown up that night and that beer was to be her meal too. Eventually she and Scott fell in love each other and in band with the Zydepunks.
This group is rich in soul but not the soul music soul rather the soul deep inside soul. Their music is a reflection of this.
Now, go back to the link and listen!

No comments: