Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mr. Burns, Howard Dean, and an I-Phone

Yesterday, I somehow managed to meet Mr. Burns from the Simpsons(Harry Shearer) and shake Howard Dean's hand then end my struggling 8 year relationship with Verizon (YIPEE!) as well as receive an "old" iphone from Patrick because he got his 3g.
Harry was in a photo shoot for Dirty Coast. We designed a shirt for levees.org and he agreed to make the cameo in support. Exxxxxxcellent!
There was a rally to register voters w/ an appearance by Howard Dean. I was holding a mic as close as I could towards the PA because we were filming the event as well as averting my attention from Nagin who came off of the bus first (bad move democrats). I receive a elbow nudge from the woman next to me because I am not paying attention & realize that Howard Dean is sticking his hand out towards me to shake my hand. Opps! Even greater was the fact that he pointed at my Geauxbama sticker and said Nice. I let Patrick hand him some stickers. Even Howard Dean likes stickers :)
I am so relieved and over-joyed to be done with Verizon. I mean for years they have falsely charged hundreds of dollars which I have had to pay to keep my phone on as well as illegally changed my plan so that I would incur overages amounting in the hundreds. They have NO "OFFICIAL" Verizon location in Orleans Parrish. Oh, there is the "fake" Verizon on Magazine but they can only "take" your money. They can not offer you customer assistance. And so, I can never actually speak to a human about their unscrupulous business practices. Now, I can feel justified at least a bit...knowing I managed to transfer my number to atnt without even having to speak with a Verizon rep. As soon as I transfer all of my contacts I am scheming an "office space" type scenario which will end in my tossing the Verizon phone into the Mississippi!

No comments: