Thursday, June 5, 2008

How running 5 minutes late can potentially save your life!

This morning was hectic for no reason. Just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I had every intention of making it to work early only to be late. I wanted to walk today but had to jump on my bike due to my tardiness. Now, not only is my new neighbor a convicted felon (forcible rape of all things)but my path to work is paved with drive by shootings. The first, I missed by a matter of minutes on my way to the office and the other AGAIN, I missed by a matter of minutes while heading out on an errand. Two drive-by's same location different times and ole' yeller the cruiser, and I missed each by minutes. I am suppose to feel safe?

Nola.com did it's usual half ass story. Tomorrow it will all be forgotten. Business as usual.
I mean, i didn't even realize it was the scene of a murder investigation when I crossed the police tape. NOPD just hanging around talking. I even ducked under the tape (because there was no seeming urgency or potential that this was even the scene of a crime...besides the yellow police tape. None of the cops said a word. I take that back, one made a cat call "yeah, you right girl, mmmmmmmmm!"
Costa Rica is looking better and better!

Read on....

No comments: